Friday, May 15, 2009

If Only Things Had Been Different

You look at me, I look away,
You stand here, I stand there.
It’s such a lovely little game we play.

A lonely little dance, between us two.

Your smile makes the sun look dark as night.
Even though I know it’s not for me,
I can’t ignore something so beautiful, so bright.

You know, it’s quite cruel, this thing you do.

Yes, I feel a small heart attack on the way.
Don’t worry, I’m getting used to it.
It’s just another piece of my heart breaking away.

Go on, ignore me and go back to her like I'm used to.

You’ll walk off and I’ll say I’m all right
But I won’t be here next time.
I’m going off to find a different light.

I can’t waste my time with a dream that will never come true.

So this game we’re playing, it’s way too cliché.
And I can’t take it anymore, so I’m leaving.
We’re just too different. I’m night, you’re day.

But, had things been different, I would have loved to love you.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is better to walk away. Believe me.

    I liked the build up here.

    ReplyDelete