Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Feel Like A Falling Star

ferris wheel and tree black and white Pictures, Images and Photos

”I feel like a falling star,” I say and you give me that look.
It is that look that tears my heart to pieces.
It is that look that makes my knees go weak.
I know you are only listening to placate me.
I know my musings in the dark amuse you.
I watch as people drift away returning to their homes and
I watch as you watch me.
“I feel like a falling star,” I say again and look up into the sky.
“And I’ve finally fallen into place next to another in a lovely constellation.
Where we will sparkle in the heavens for eternity.”
I watch as you watch me give you that look.
I watch as that look tears your heart to pieces.
I know it’s that look that makes your knees go weak.
I know you are listening to every word I say now.
“I have waited years for a falling star,” You say and look into my eyes.
“And I’ve finally found you, sitting next to me, my lovely constellation.
Where we will sparkle in the heavens for eternity.”
We watch as people drift away, returning to their homes and
As the Ferris wheel ride comes to a stop and the magic fades
We to return to our homes, knowing that
You only listen to my musings to placate me

4 comments:

  1. The repetitions make this poem feel like a Ferris wheel, around and around, up and up then down and down. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a good job with this. You seem to fall into a kind of muysterious maze as you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is awesome. I love your take on the repetitions. Your images are sharp and clear
    Lovely work.

    love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, dead good, love the imagination here, magic!

    ReplyDelete